I Don't Deserve It, But Thank God I Live in America

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I got this in my email today:

INDONESIA – Imprisoned Christians Charged – VOM Sources

More than 40 Christian leaders imprisoned in April, after a video recording of them praying for Muslims was leaked to Islamic organizations, have been charged under Article 156 KUPH. Under article 156 and 156a, “anyone who expresses hatred, opposition or insults one individual or groups of Indonesian citizens in public, will be imprisoned four to five years, or fined 4,500 rupiah. Muslims claim Christians blasphemed the Koran by placing it on the floor and praying for millions of people deceived by it. The Islamic organizations consider the video’s content abusive and have released the video to the media. Among the imprisoned are parents of young children. Pray for those in prison and their families. Ask God to give them boldness and wisdom as they face these difficult challenges. Psalm 91, Isaiah 26:3

What's this? A law that says you cannot insult an individual or groups of Indonesian citizens in public? And if you are considered doing so, you go to jail for 4 to 5 years?? Who determines what is an insult? Ah, yes-- the "Golden Rule": "He who has the gold, rules."

What about the children who are orphaned by the accusers and the judges who decide to throw their parents into jail? Are these children not insulted? Can the children bring insult charges against the judge and the accusers?

I hear so many people complaining about America. And America has its faults, of course! By my God, people... look around you at what is happening elsewhere in the world. It's not all cozy in Cuba and Canada and Saudi Arabia and Iran. Before you bash this country, take a good look at the laws and customs that govern the other countries. Some have penalties of death or expulsion if you don't believe in the religion that the rulers say you must have.

I don't deserve to live in America, but thank God I do.

(And, I can insult people without being thrown in jail.)

8 remarks
hh said...

AMEN!!! I am so sad for those children though! Jesus, come soon!!!!

9:41 AM  
TourPro said...

All the Hate-America-First folks need to visit some other places to really appreciate the fact that we are the luckiest people on the the planet today.

Thanks for the reminder.

11:19 AM  
BookClover said...

I love your blog! It's so very full of like and interesting topics. Well done mate!

www.bookclover.blogspot.com

4:32 AM  
The Tour Marm said...

Have you never heard of Sharia Law?

It's one of the scariest aspects of Muslim culture; extremely perverse.

But I shall tell you that the Christians in countries that ban or limit the face of Christianity are very strong. I have friends from Sudan, Zimbabwe, and several Arab and Islamic nations; their faith puts me to shame. (My Ethiopian neighbors are remarkable Christians.)

I'm sure the same concerns were voiced in Rome and Jerusalem during the 1st and 2nd centuries.

9:59 PM  

Well said, Mrs. Mecomber!

I thank God that I live in America, too.

I would say that I sure hope that Al Gore or one of those idiots would visit those places (WITHOUT the convenience of an RV -- it might destroy the environment). However, I think the reason that most of these America-hating liberals attack America is because they WANT to impose these unjust laws of foreign countries on Christians. We are the only obstacle in their way of gaining complete power.

9:05 AM  

Yes indeed, Tour Marm, I've heard of Sharia Law. Gives me the shivers. Looks like Canada and the UK are beginning to kow under its grisly weight, true?

We are partners with Voice of the Martyrs ministries, @ persecution.com. Their reports on other Christians is very eye-opening. I encourage all to please consider helping them.

Thank you for your input, Hercules. Yes, I think there is more to hating America than just hating America-- certainly there is a concerted effort to overturn our peaceful and godly form of government. At the very least, we can trust that "of His government there shall be no end"!

9:17 AM  
ImagineMel said...

WOW! I really enjoyed reading through your blog. For a Southerner whose only images of NY are NYC, it's really interesting to see more. I liken it to the people who think Florida is only beaches and WDW! Thanks for the comments! MRS. Mecomber! :)

8:13 PM  

Thanks, ImagineMel! I am so glad you visited! New York State is a beautiful state. Upstate is much too often overshadowed by its loud, crowded, concrete jungle sister NYC. ;)

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.