Little House

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I know I have a few Little House on the Prairie fans who read this blog. Here's an interesting little video I found over at FamilyTravel. They visited the one-room cabin the Ingalls lived in during their brief stint in Kansas.

The size of the cabin is stunning. It's not much bigger than the FamilyTravel crew's minivan. The cabin housed a family of five!

I made a big deal about the bloated behemoths we call houses these days, over on my home improvement blog. We've still got a lot of work to do in the home construction business, but the new shift in home building is building smaller. I am glad to see it. I'm all for thrift and efficiency. Although, tiny cabins like the Ingalls had is so efficient it must have been stifling.

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.