Why I Do Not Fly to Travel Destinations

Monday, December 10, 2007

Someone once asked me if I would ever fly to my travel destinations. I answered with a resounding no. When asked why, I responded, "my arms would get tired."

Yuk yuk yuk!! OK, seriously...

Here's a great reason why. This poor lad with a video camera, stuck for seven hours on a grounded Delta flight at JFK in New York City, did what any enterprising Internet-saavy young man would do: he filmed his tribulations. The video is boring, dull, long, and agonzing. Imagine seven hours of it.

Delta Airlines gave excuse after excuse, refused the passengers food and refused to let them off the plane. His video, posted on YouTube, was voted one of the top twenty on the Internet.

A picture may be worth a thousand words; a video is worth a million.

2 remarks
Scribbit said...

I've always wanted to do a cross-country train ride. Trains are so romantic, also cruises are amazing. I loved the one we took last year. Of course we flew to Tampa to get to the boat :)

1:27 AM  

Now, trains are THE way to travel. You really get to absorb the landscape and the local flavor of the area, while still feeling that you are moving at a somewhat speedy pace.

I've been on a plane once (20 years ago, to Washington, DC). It was OK.

I'd love to go on a cruise for the same reason I'd love to take a train. Someday, I hope...

Thanks for commenting!

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.