Random Tidbits

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I can't believe it. All the snow from the *big* snowstorm yesterday is GONE. All gone. Everything is green again!

***

We saw the movie Courageous. GREAT movie! But it was a real tearjerker. I can't stand crying my eyes out when I watch a movie, especially when we watch a movie during dinner. I had no idea what to expect. So here's a tip: See Courageous but DON'T watch it during dinnertime.

***

My sons have been playing guitars for four years now! Both are very good. One boy plays "regular" guitar (acoustic, electric) and the other plays bass guitar. It's SO easy to buy gifts for them, as guitars come with a zillion accessories. We recently got them some snazzy new guitar straps. One is embossed leather and the other is tweedy material with American flags on it. Very nice quality. And buying new straps every year is way cheaper than buying new guitars every year.

***
Being self-employed has its pros and cons. The worst aspect always rears its ugly head at this time of the year-- tax time. *sigh* I cannot believe the mounds of paperwork that is required. And then, after all that work, I get to pay twice as much in taxes as the "company" employed worker does! Very, very unfair.

***

No travel plans these days. I am too busy doing paperwork :( plus we usually don't do anything until March or April. I have a trip slated for NYC in a few months. It will be good to get away then.

***

I hope to get to Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain this spring! I am pretty excited about that. I love the high peaks and I hope to get in some great photos AND videos this time. The last time we were up there, I tried taking videos from the car with the iPhone. Uh, NOT. They came out awful. This time, I'm bringing my camcorder.

***

If they ever decided to hold the Winter Olympics in Lake Placid again, I'd go.

***

Well, enough chatter from me. I have paperwork to do. :(

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.