H. Lee White Maritime Museum, Oswego

Sunday, March 04, 2007

In the spring of 2005, we traveled to the H. Lee White Maritime Museum in Oswego. This museum was established to preserve and promote the Oswego Harbor's importance in our history, with an emphasis on ships, of course. The website says that the museum's centerpiece is the USAT LT-5, that cute little tug that sat wantonly roped to the pier.

LT-5


It is a lovely museum! You can read more about our trip at New York Traveler.net.

2 remarks
soobeedoo said...

Say! Glad you liked your experience in old Oz! I grew up there and of course, you always appreciate things more as you age.
I just now read your post and this weekend saw the Maritime Museum. I think you *can* go into the Nash (the tug), perhaps depending on the time of year.
You didn't go to Rudy's for a fish hot? Or Wade's Diner for some cinnamon toast? Well, maybe next time.
I sure miss the lake - but not this year's Lake Effect!

11:39 AM  

Hey s! Thanks for the comments! I am sorry I missed going into the "Nash"; my boys would have loved it. We have relatives in that area so we will most likely have another opportunity. How I miss the lakes, too. I grew up off Oneida Lake, where we could feast on fresh fish sandwiches and some of the best eclairs in the state. The Mohawk Valley has some real gems, for travel and food. Yes, I guess you do appreciate things more as you age.

God bless you and please visit my blog again! Feel free to leave your memories of special places you remember about Upstate.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.