Lake George and Fort Ticonderoga

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Lake George is an exquisitely beautiful lake nestled in the Adirondacks, at the far eastern border of New York State. We took a drive to the area in autumn, and the scenery was beautiful, in all of fall's glory!

Lake George Looking East

Panorama Lake George


We had a chance to do some exploring at Fort Ticonderoga, and no "Closed" signs could stop us! Read about our trip at New York Traveler.net!

7 remarks
LB said...

Lake George supposedly has well-equipped public schools, because there are so many summer residents who pay the same property taxes as year-round residents, but send no kids to school.

12:52 AM  
Unknown said...

Cool pics. I visited Ft. Ti as an Ohio youth in 1977 just out of HS. It is still one of my fave family vacations. We toured inside the fort. Very, very cool. I'd love to go back w/ my own family. I'm an Alaska resident now and we don't have much 'old' stuff. Ninety years equals historic here.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous said...

WOW, you have some gorgeous photos here, even with a point-and-shoot. What a fabulous family vacation; I hope to get to the eastern part of the country with my family sometime soon...

11:59 AM  

Thanks for visiting, Ladies!

Yes, laurie, the property tax situation in NYS is nothing short of criminal.

Lynnak, I'm so glad your visit to the fort was successful! I hope ours will be, next time. LOL, I've always wondered what "westerners" mean when they say "history." Two very different deifinitions between easteners and westerners!

Jennifer, thanks for visiting again! I do hope you get a chance to visit out here. We have dreams of seeing the west. Maybe we will wind up crossing each other's paths! If you see a lady with long brown hais whizz by in a white van filled with noisy kids, that's us!

3:20 PM  

Oops, that's "hair" not "hais." Ha!

3:21 PM  

Lovely scenery. Hope you guys make it into the fort (ah, not bound and under guard, that is :D ) A-OK.

4:17 PM  
JenLo said...

Your return trip to Ft. Ticonderoga is going to be SO worth it! our kids keep begging to go back.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.