Thursday Thirteen No. 3 Motherhood Meme

Friday, November 23, 2007

Scribbit had a very entertaining list at her blog, "Everything I Needed to Know I Learned from Motherhood." I suggested it would make a terrific meme, and she gave me permission to plagiarize the idea! I thought I'd concoct a Thursday Thirteen from it. It would make a terrific Thursday Thirteen Meme, don't you think? Feel free to join me in this Thursday Thirteen Meme!

So, without further adieu, ahem....

Thirteen Things I Learned From Motherhood.

1. The world does not revolve around you, Mrs. M. It revolves around your screaming, hungry infant at 4am. Lesson learned: my needs sometimes have to be set aside for the needs of others.

2. Leftover turkey can be prepared in 152 different ways. Thrift is not only necessary for saving money, but for encouraging creativity and resourcefulness.

3. Daddies do not view parenthood and child-rearing the same as mommies do. Don't be such a control freak or be upset when your husband doesn't "feel" as maternally protective as you do.

4. Children can be selfish, manipulative, deceptive little cuties. Don't judge by appearance.

5. Children can be the sweetest little things even when they are all sticky and messy. It is a wonderful feeling to be loved and needed by others.

6. Children are stronger, healthier, and smarter than mothers think they are. Coddling the child will lead to problems later.

7. It is better to be a "mean, unfair mom" and make a child do a project well the first time than to let things slide. Laziness is contagious.

8. Studying, hard work, and homework lessons are more important now than when I had to do it when I was a kid. Benjamin Franklin once said, "Experience is a hard master, but fools will have no other."

9. I appreciate my own parents more and I regret not being able to tell them that now that I understand. It has been said that "children cut their teeth on their parents." Appreciation, one of the greatest gifts from a child, will come in due time.

10. Popsicle sticks, Elmer's glue, and an hour of quality time together is better than a new bicycle or a $500 Lego set. People are more important than stuff and you can't buy love.

11. Teaching the Bible to children at an early age has multitudes of benefits. Parenthood is more than just creating good producers for society.

12. Children are relieved when they are rebuked and disciplined. Everybody needs a helping hand.

13. Children imitate their parents and learn by example. Never, ever, ever lie to your children, and never tell them all your problems.

I invite you to participate! You can be humorous or serious. I tried to mix both! :)

2 remarks
jayedee said...

this is one of the best tt's i've ever seen! thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience!

10:14 PM  

wow, thank you, jaydee! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.