Fish Hatchery in Van Hornesville

Friday, March 23, 2007

It was a beautiful day in Upstate New York to go for a drive. My youngest son wanted to go fishing (he is a fishing maniac-- he even reads fishing magazines), but no one else did. So we did the next best thing, for a fish freak: we visited a fish hatchery.

Little Swimmers


You can read about our visit and enjoy a fresh fish story or two- go to New York Traveler.net for more!

2 remarks

My kids always loved fishing and hatcheries. Carpenters Brook in Elbridge was always fun but our favorite was the Salmon hatchery in Altmar. In season you can see the salmon swimming upstream.

10:37 AM  

I've heard of Carpenter's Brook, but I don't think I was ever there. I have a memory going to a hatchery as a kid... it was a fantastic place to visit, and they let you fish from the walled-in creek that fed into the hatchery. It was a blast. Too bad I cannot remember it, but it was around the Syracuse area...

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.