Fort Stanwix, Rome, NY

Friday, July 27, 2007

Have I ever mentioned that we absolutely adore Fort Stanwix? We've been there many times over the years. This is one of the greatest parks and historic sites I have ever visited, and everyone who works there is so friendly and knowledgeable. Plus, they keep updating and adding new things.

We're Here


We just LOVE Fort Stanwix! See here for the post about our visit.

5 remarks
Unknown said...

Now I really want to go check this out. I just moved to the city and want to explore upstate a little especially this fall. Looks like your site will be a great resource!

I found you while browsing the Blogger's Choice Awards where you are nominated for Best Education Blog.

I definitely gave you a vote :)

6:32 PM  

Wow, Aaron, thanks for your enthusiastic review! I am so happy you like my blog. I try to make it fun. ;) And thanks for your vote!

I hope you enjoy Fort Stanwix. Upstate is so beautiful and has much to offer. I hope my resources can help you as you explore our great state.

10:42 PM  
Gina Conroy said...

I found you via Gracious Home! Great blog! I grew up in NY and travel their often. We're always looking for new and educational things to do.

9:10 PM  
The Tour Marm said...

Oh, I LOVE this!
It's just such a pity that many of these places are either closed or understaffed in March and April when the bulk of my tours run.

I'm working with a new company and we're going to try and offer family vacations (several families on a bus) and tour places like NYS in the summer.

11:18 PM  

Thanks for visiting, Gina! we also are always looking for educational things to do, so perhaps my blog's articles and resources will help you!

Tour Marm, in March and April, we Upstaters are just starting to crawl out of our holes. Winter still threatens us with heavy storms in March, and in April all is still brown. Summers in Upstate are gorgeous, though. Generally, most places open after Memorial Day, if that is any help. June is a lovely month to see NY sites. Hope your career move is successful!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.