Rosamond Gifford Zoo, Syracuse, NY

Friday, July 06, 2007

We visited the Rosamond-Gifford zoo in Syracuse. Our visit was cut short by a power outage, but what we did see was terrific! I especially loved the aquatic animals.

Anemones

You can read more about our visit here at New York Traveler.net.

2 remarks

I'm sorry your visit was cut short. I don't understand why they'd close the zoo for a power outage. The rest of the elephants were probably out "on the boardwalk" where they have a very large area to move around in.

8:52 AM  

I was puzzled about the power outage, too. It didn't seem to hinder any of the visitors as there was plenty of daylight. No explanation was given for the evacuation. I do not know if necessary animals' equipment requires power. I was very disappointed, since it was a "big trip" for me to finally get out of the house! Sad thing is, I don't know if we will return this year or next to use those rain checks. I would have preferred a refund.

We didn't get the chance to get out "on the boardwalk" to see any critters.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.