Photo Shoot

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I am in the market for a new digital camera. I've spent hours looking over scores of cameras... and I think I am more confused and undecided than ever. I have no idea what to get! I carefully read the reviews and honestly, I don't know whether to believe half of them. Suddenly it came to me-- ask my blog readers! Why didn't I think of this earlier?!

See, I have a little Kodak EasyShare, 3 megapixel, and I am needing something with more megapixels (say, around 7). I am starting to stretch my wings with photography now. I would really like to take better photographs for our travels and posting on this blog.

I don't need a new camera only for the megapixels. See, I accidentally dropped my camera and... oops, heh heh. My Kodak is now a little erratic. So suffice it to say that I think I need a camera that isn't as slippery. And I'd like to get one that takes better photos, to boot.

So I am asking you, dear reader. Do you have a digital camera? I sure could use some advice. Please leave a comment or email me if you can offer a review of your own camera. What do you recommend I get? What do you recommend I avoid? Let me know. And thanks!

4 remarks
TourPro said...

I'm currently using a Canon A700 - love it. Picked it for both features and price. If you want to spend more, go for SLR + exchangeable lenses.

6.0 M - more than enough for most purposes.

6x Optical Zoom - Birdwatching, etc.

Big(ger) than most LCD screen.

Standard AA batteries. I'm a recharging fiend.

Standard SD Flash - cheap, plentiful, and matches all my other devices.

I used to use (still have) an older HP which takes amazingly good images. The Canon actually appears to have "cheaper" construction. That's my 1-minute camera review!

7:58 AM  
JenLo said...

Fuji has a new one out, 7 mp, 10x zoom. I have the former version that is 5 mp and I adore it. Incidentally, I love it so much that my mom, my sister and my aunt all have the same camera (my sis got hers first). It takes awesome pics and is around $230.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous said...

I can relate to the mind blowing research that can ensue searching for a camera. My old Fuji died last year right before Thanksgiving. I had to have a camera for the upcoming holidays, so I spent all night reading reviews.

I finally decided on a Canon Powershot A530. It is only 5 mega pixels, but it has been great for me.

You can see some of the shots I've taken on my blog. I like to use the Program function to take my pictures, but if the kids move it's blurry. There is a kids and pets setting that works well though.

12:22 AM  

Thank you so much for your reviews, TourPro, JenLo, and renae! They mean a lot to me. I am still shopping around. I'll tell you all what I get!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.