The Thursday Thirteen No. 4 Love/Hate Show

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'll cut to the chase.

Thirteen reasons why I love and hate traveling in New York State.

1. I love traveling in NYS because it is so beautiful. Where else can you find waterfalls, forests, the biggest city in the world, someone from every place on the planet, and breaktaking scenery all within 100 miles or less?

2. I hate traveling in NYS because it is so darned expensive. Admission fees can climb into the hundreds. Gasoline is outta this world. NYS has the highest gasoline tax in the country-- maybe the world?-- at 62 cents per gallon. Ridiculous.

3. I love traveling in NYS because other tourists and residents leave you alone and don't bother stopping you to ask endless questions.

4. I hate traveling in NYS because other tourists and residents leave you alone and don't bother stopping you to ask friendly questions.

5. I love traveling in NYS because it is so rich in history, especially early American history. This is the state that cradled liberty, embraced federalism, encouraged innovation, and inspired George Washington to consider it the "seat of an empire."

6. I hate traveling in NYS because some folks think they sit in the emperor's seat.

7. I love traveling in NYS because, thanks to the multitides of diverse cultures and traditions, the food is always varied and always good.

8. I hate traveling in NYS because I don't like driving in the rain, I don't like driving in traffic, and I despise tailgaters. New York has all three is great abundance.

9. I love traveling in NYS because you can still hop in your car and drive away, just to "get lost."

10. I hate traveling in NYS because if you hop in your car and drive away to get lost and are hit with a sudden snowstorm, you might never "get found."

11. I love traveling in NYS because the people who work in the travel and tourist businesses are so happy and friendly. They know that this trip is very, very important to the visiting family, and it is their good service makes the trip memorable for that family .

12. I hate traveling in NYS because there aren't enough small-business travel and tourist places anymore, because lousy politics and high taxation has run them out of town. Not to mention that the sales taxes on admission fees are outrageous.

13. I love traveling in NYS because I can have a travel blog that is especially about NY travel. I don't know of anyone else who runs a blog like mine, do you?

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for more travels; we expect to go on the road again soon!

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.