Snow at Daybreak

Monday, December 31, 2007

We got snow overnight, about five inches here in town. I was up at dawn and snapped some photos.

It looks like the Norway Spruce have been dusted with confectioner's sugar.



Here's my arbor on the side of the house. I am building a lovely Victorian garden here. Eventually the shrubs and plants will overshadow the arbor and the English ivy will consume it. It will be like a "secret garden" on this side of the house, to block the view and noise of the parking lot next door.



Here's a view of my backyard through the arbor. That little Red Oak in the background (through the arbor, to the left) is my baby. I've protected it from deer, rabbits, dogs, tent caterpillars, and lawn mowers for the past three years. It has thrived and is a beautiful tree.



0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.