Thursday Thirteen No. 7- Recipe Rehash

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I've been rehashing my recipes again. I have found that I tend to rotate about thirteen or fourteen entrees for a period of a few months, and then we tire of them. At this point, I have to come up with thirteen or fourteen new recipes (or recipes resurrected from past months). Here's a list of our entrees on their way out- what better way to post them than to incorporate them into a Thursday Thirteen. It's also a good glimpse into what the average family in Upstate NY eats during the early winter months (that is, vegetable-less). We eat vegetable dishes all summer, but winter's scarcity and high food prices usually mean more pasta and chicken in the winter.

1. Chicken Florentine
Chicken breasts in alfredo sauce and spinach. With parmesan cheese.

2. Chicken Riggies
A family favorite and a Utica invention. See my recipe here.

3. Vegetable stew with beek or pork (depending on meat prices)
Has lots of potatoes, carrots, and turnips.

4. Baked Ziti
This is my own unique version (recipe coming soon).

5. Chicken and Shrimp Pasta
This is so easy yet so yummy. I'll try to get the recipe up.

6. Manhattan Clam Chowder

7. Homemade pizza
Dough from the bread machine makes it easy as pie.

8. Spaghetti and meatballs

9. Tacos

10. Chinese Stir-Fry with basmati rice
Cooking this meal is like making a work of art.

11. Chicken Adobo with basmati rice

12. Stuffed Eggplant with rigatoni

13. Spicy chili stew

Be on the lookout for some recipes. I'll try to get them up promptly.

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.