Great Videos of Revolution Reenactments

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's cold, it's snowing, there's no place to travel (yet-- I am waiting on some emails from local businesses about taking tours of their facilities-- fun!). I was sifting through some videos at YouTube and found some great travel clips!

Here's a terrific one! This is a demonstration of musket firing at Fort Stanwix, in Rome, NY.



Here's a brief but rousing video of a reenactment at Fort Ticonderoga!



And a longer video of the Yorktown Fifes and Drums when they visited Fort Ticonderoga.



This will assuage our travel-sickness! I can't wait until spring!

2 remarks

Oh, I love the music! I have always loved the sound of bagpipes, and the fifes and drums were stirring. Their soldierly precision and form was amazing!

Thanks for posting these.

5:25 PM  

Aren't the bagpipes lovely! The same impression struck me. I do love the bagpipes, but I get choked up when I hear them.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.