Meet Me At the Corner

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A reader asked me to look at her new website and check it out, even give it a plug. The website is Meet Me at the Corner, and I'm so impressed that I'm going to do more than give it a plug-- I'm going to endorse the site! What a fun and informational place! If you have kids, you must check this out. Even if you don't have kids, check it out and learn something. It's great fun!

From Meet Me at the Corner:

Meet Me at the Corner, Virtual Field Trips for Kids, is a dynamic, interactive site, which encourages individual expression and participation through video submissions from children worldwide, featuring their special corner of the world. Through these video pod casts we hope to create a community of children, who learn the art of self-expression and storytelling through video.

The videos, or "podcasts" are mostly about the interesting people and places of New York City, currently. Eventually the website will expand as more people contribute. I loved the video about the Manhattan beekeeper, and the short documentary about the Empire State Building.

There's also a video contest for the kids, which has me keenly interested. Guess we'll have to get a camcorder now! They have a nice tutorial of how to make videos. This is a wonderful site. You and the kids will thoroughly enjoy it. And consider making some of your own videos and sending them in.

1 remarks
hh said...

very cute! I already watched the bee vid with my Kindergardner. thx!

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.