Recommended Travel Blogs

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I was asked recently by an up-and-coming SEO corporation (see Kango Blog for more) to post some of my favorite travel blogs and offer some recommendations. Oh, I am always happy to contribute my opinion on travel blogging! The hardest part was deciding which blogs. I shall attempt to whittle down my choices.

Adventure Travel
This is one of my favorite blogs. It's filled with photos and stories of everywhere in the world. I love this one, and I've only scratched the surface of perusing it's content. I love his series on the United States, particularly of New York State. An exceptional site.

2 Go Global
This travel blog, completed in the late 1990's is still a first-class favorite for me. When I feel like some armchair travel, I return to this blog. The couple from Atlanta, Georgia, left their jobs to spend nearly two years in global travel. They take tons of photos and offer entertaining (and informative) stories. One of my favorite travel blogs. I hope they pack their backpacks again someday.

NewYorkology
Fun one! I love variety, lots of pictures, lists, and a strong sense of enjoyment in travel blogs. NewYorkology is this and more. I haven't visited Manhattan in twenty-five years, but someday I aim to again. I'll be ready thanks to this blog! In the meantime, I enjoy the content and learning about what's happening in the city.

TripCart: The Travel Blog
This is fun. They always have such beautiful photos ("Picture of the Day"), and for me, this is the main draw.

Roadside America
I don't think this is *technically* a travel blog? I love it just the same. I think they do update their content with new attractions. This website is right up my alley because it showcases the smaller, weirder attractions that so often slip between the cracks in tourist promotion. Sometimes, small things are best. Great site.

Exposed Planet
Love this site! It's photos, all photos, from around the world. The photos do the talking, and believe me, they speak volumes.

Curious Villager
This is a blog I've recently encountered, and it's not your usual hyped-up corporate-driven travel blog. The author discusses past travels, other blogs, information, and links, and she has a philosophical bent to her, too. It's a nice and simple blog without the conglomerate ads from hotels and restaurants screaming at you.

P.S. For those curious, I also left an entirely different list over at my other blog, New York Traveler.net. Check it out if you are hankering for more travel blogs to visit.

5 remarks
Anonymous said...

thanks for these great suggestions! I appreciate you taking the time to give us double the amount of sites - sounds like you really enjoy visiting other blogs! I will add these to the Kango travel blog search widget!

Cheers,

Gudrun
Kango Blog

6:42 PM  

Gudrun, thanks for stopping by! I hope these are helpful. Thanks!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out, Mrs. Mecomber. I appreciate your kind words :)

10:07 AM  

Happy to list you, Tee. Thanks for visiting. Maybe you can give me a retro-link? ;)

11:00 AM  
Anonymous said...

Nice list of Travel blogs. You did a good job. I discovered a few gems.

Cheers.


Syl

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.