FYI: Japanese Art at the Brooklyn Museum

Friday, February 22, 2008

I get emails from time to time, from various museums or tourist attractions. They usually ask if I will blog about their upcoming event. The Brooklyn Museum has been the most persistent. It's nice to know they like me to promote them. :D

Just got an email from the museum. There's a new exhibition coming this spring. It sounds lovely.

The Brooklyn Museum will be presenting an exciting exhibition, Utagawa: Masters of the Japanese Print 1770-1900, on view this March 21st. Utagawa will present 95 Japanese woodblock prints by more than 15 artists, among them Utagawa Hiroshige, Utagawa Kuniyoshi, and Tsukioka Yoshitoshi.

...The exhibition is drawn from the holdings of the Chazen Museum of Art’s renowned Van Vleck collection and is augmented by 22 woodblock prints from the Brooklyn Museum’s Asian art collection.

I do not know if admission to the Brooklyn Museum is free. I've only been to Brooklyn twice, and never saw the museum. I did some searching online, and the website for the museum is here. Check it out if you are interested.

Ooo I also did some searching around and look what I found! A YouTube video on the gorgeous Thomas Cole paintings! Cole and the Hudson River School artists are my favorites! Check out the video, and get a little "culcha."



P.S. I have that same print in my living room, Thomas Cole's "The Pic-Nic." So lovely!

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.