Spitzer Sputters

Monday, March 10, 2008

Buzz buzz buzz. I've been up to my eyeballs in technical problems with my web hosting service, and haven't paid any heed to the latest news churning out of the mill. I quickly glanced headlines to see something about New York's governor retiring, and nearly spit out my coffee. What's this???

You've probably heard the news already. Spitzer, champion of corruption-busting during his tenure as State Attorney General, has been caught red-handed patronizing a prostitution ring. Yuk.

And as is normal these days, Google even seems to have some say about things-- Adirondack Base Camp has an entertaining and lively post explaining the details. Haha!

It's a sad day for New Yorkers, however. Prostitution is a nasty thing. The liberals/democrats are going to complain that "republicans" are making mountains out of molehills, but prostitution and patronizing it is a very serious matter. I'd also like to know why everyone is calling for Spitzer's downfall but not the prostitution ring's downfall. Both are disgusting.

2 remarks
LB said...

The prostitution ring folks are facing criminal charges and have lost their jobs. Spitzer...still has his job, but won't be able to perform it effectively.

Things are a little crazy out here, for the very pragmatic reason that a late budget means problems for those of us who work for the state.

1:38 AM  

Thanks for your input, Laurie. I can't say I have high hopes for Paterson, but here's hoping he at least does a respectable job. I hear he's a protege of Charles Rangel, which doesn't bode well...

I think all those "high officials" involved in that prostitution ring should be strung up. Especially when they go after the lowlife "johns" in the ghettos, but excuse themselves. What a disgrace.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.