Changing Traffic Patterns

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I went to the grocery store tonight-- hadn't gone in nearly a month-- and it was a shock having to sit under red lights in bumper-to-bumper traffic again. I wondered how much gasoline everyone was wasting, waiting for those lights to change again every 200 yards or so. I came home to check the news and read this at WSYR. Looks like Onondaga County lawmakers are looking into changing traffic patterns, due to the gas prices. That's excellent news. Their main push will be to reduce speed limits to the traditional 55 mph. But they are going to do a study on traffic lights.

I'm pleased to see that the county is making moves to try to make traffic movement more efficient. I strongly suspect we'll be seeing other changes in the near future, too.

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.