We Went to Madison County

Thursday, July 31, 2008

We took a trip out to Madison County last week. I must say that I am very, very impressed with the county's new website. It's gorgeous, and so organized! It was easy to find some great places to visit.

We decided to take a peek at Nichols Pond Park, the site of the Oneida settlement and the famed de Champlain battle of 1615. I did a post about it, here. The history and the park are stunning. We wanted to see nearby Oxbow Falls, but it was getting late and we couldn't.

Champlain Battle Historic Marker

We also popped in to Cazenovia and paid a visit to the Cazenovia Mummy at the library. I'll have that post up very soon! And then we visited Gerrit Smith's old estate in Peterboro. It was quite an exhausting day! I'm putting the posts together with the photos, so stay tuned.

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.