Fall Fun

Friday, October 03, 2008

I heard geese flying south this morning. Brrr. I was 46 degrees yesterday, and today it's only a tad warmer, but it's still very gloomy and rainy. Typical fall weather. I'm still on the prowl for things to do in Central New York this autumn. I really want to squeeze in another trip or two before the snow flies. We didn't make our annual trip to Fort Stanwix in Rome, yet. Fort Stanwix is open all year round-- I'm leaning more toward a late autumn/winter trip, just for kicks.

Here's something that looks terrific! It's the Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown. We've been there twice-- once before Mr.M and I had children, and again when we had just two little ones. So my younger kids really want to go!

FYI: I have found autumn a great time to visit places, because the summer crowds are gone, and admission prices are usually a little lower. And the scenery is exquisite. 

Do you know of anything going on? Please leave a comment and I'll post about it. Like I've said before, finding out about festivals and such is a little difficult, because the local newspapers usually don't cover it until after it's gone. So be sure to let me know if you know if anything. 

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.