It's Here!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It was a cold and gloomy summer, lots of rain and a disappointing growing season. I am always eager for autumn's arrival, but this year I am especially eager to see it come.

Pixley Falls 1

That photo was from last year; it is a preface into the clear and crispy atmospheric delights that await us. I'm thinking autumn will come a few weeks early; some of our trees are turning already.

The kids like it, too. ;)

Playing in Forest

I don't like summers; I don't like warm weather (or warm climates). I'm a "winter woman"-- a true-blood, Upstate New York gal of Scottish stock who likes to do SOMETHING besides sweat and worry about the bikini obsessions to lose belly fat. That's for the equatorial people-- here in NYS, we farm, we write, we ponder, we study.

I am SO looking forward to autumn!! The stuffed turkeys roasting in the stove, the apples and apple pies boiling over with sweet sappy goodness, the cozy fleece sweatshirts and fuzzy socks and quiet days of book reading and blog-writing. It will be a wonderful season! And I intend on taking many more photos, so stay tuned. ;)

4 remarks
Dorothy said...

You'd love where we are in Lake Placid it's absolutely beautiful in the high 60's crisp and clear with trees and mountains that are fabulous.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

9:51 PM  

Oh Dorothy, I have never been up to Lake Placid and I hear it is incredible (been to Old Forge, though). I would LOOOVE to see Lake Placid!! Maybe I can arrange a trip sometime...

Thanks for your comments!

1:16 PM  
Mandy said...

I'm the opposite - I love summer and warm weather. Having said that, I am looking forward to winter. I had a bad year last year, being fluey for most of the season, so I never thought I would say that. But I am happy to say that the longer this summer has lingered, the more romanticised my anticipation of the winter has become.

8:23 AM  
Francis Bell said...

WOW-Very cool site, I really enjoyed the pictures!!! Thanks for brightening my day-Francis http://www.geothermalquestions.net

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.