Vintage Postcards in Books

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I just love postcards, old postcards. I own a few including one of my house taken in 1910; and I know of a few people who own huge collections. You can get such an amazing glimpse into old American life from such things! I love the beautiful house styles, the gardens and the elaborate patio furniture and clothing styles from the "old days."



If you like them, too, here's a bug in your ear: The Images of America collection. Amazon is selling them, and the prices are pretty good. Just do a search for "Images of America" and you'll get listing of a ton of books. If you can't afford them, I'm sure the local library would have them. Plus, Amazon gives the ability to browse a portion of the books, so you can take a sneak peek into them. They are really neat!

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.