Travel? Yeah RRRIGHT

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I got wind of *another* reenactment I missed... the Nicholas Herkimer memorial at Herkimer House in Little Falls, NY. It probably wasn't as exciting as the Lake George Reenactment we missed, or the Battle of Oriskany Reenactment we missed, or even the Fort Stanwix Anniversary Reenactment we missed... but I would have liked to have made it to SOMETHING this year.

Ugh.

I am renovating the home (the downstairs). We are in the home stretch right now. It has been going on for 3 months now. I am scrambling to finish the walls so that we can get cabinets up. After that, I will be busy for months, installing flooring, trim work, drooling over design furniture for the dining room, etc etc.

I have done NOTHING travel-related in SO LONG. I deeply regret it. But I really have no choice. I have to ignore my travel blogs, ignore my travel blog readers, ignore everything.

We HAD to renovate. I am so gad we are finally getting this done!! But I am tired now. I need a break. I want a vacation. I'm ready.

I wish I would hear news about these reenactments BEFORE they occur. The newspapers always mention them AFTER. How about BEFORE?? That way, I could at least TRY to get over there and enjoy the day.

Oh well. The renovation will not last forever. And it will be done soon, and it will be BEAUTIFUL. And I cannot wait!!!

3 remarks
Anonymous said...

Fort Stanwix is having their 75 Celebrations this weekend.

http://www.nps.gov/ner/customcf/apps/eventcalendar/events/fostevent31805250.html

Also has anyone ever told you about - http://www.bvma.org/ ?

10:09 PM  
Anonymous said...

O and the Oneida County Tourism Calendar seems to be kept up to date as well - http://www.oneidacountycvb.com/calendar.asp

10:17 PM  

I didn't know about those websites!! Thanks for informing me. :D

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.