Places We'd Like to Go This Fall

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Now that the home renovation is *just* starting to slow down a tad, we're thinking about seeing some sights. I love fall, I love traveling in the fall. The crowds are lessened, the air is crispy, the colors are brilliant.

A few years ago, I'd had hopes of turning our travel itinerary attention to the Adirondacks. We did get up to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake, which was quite the exciting wintry excursion. And we did clamber over the frozen lake and see the inside of Raquette Lake Navigation Company boat. But our travels fell rather flat after that.

Here are some places I would LOVE to see before winter sets in:

Adirondack Museum
Been wanting to go here for SO long.

Adirondack Scenic Railroad to Thendara
Been wanting to go on the train for even longer.

Whiteface Mountain
We want to see the observatory up there.

Those are the first things that come to mind. We'd probably have to rent a car, because our minivan is leaking transmission fluid like a sieve right now (the blasted vehicle has had TWO transmissions so far!! I wish changing the tranny was as easy as a colon cleanse, and as inexpensive, too... I think we may have to junk our van). I don't trust the vehicle for lengthy trips. I cringe when I have to drive to Hannaford's for groceries in it, even.

Anyway, it's been SO LONG since we traveled. Here's hoping we can do it, soon!

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.