Interesting Ice Formation

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Now that we can go outside and our nose hairs do not instantly freeze into solid chunks of ice, we took a jaunt outdoors today. The kids had fun playing in the snow, and I had a blast photographing them. It's nice to take a little break from researching Wholesaleinsurance.net, and just have some FUN outside!

snowsword5

Every time I look at this, it makes me crack up!

snowpow

Another interesting this we discovered is a strange ice formation in a chunk of ice that had fallen off a roof. I've never seen ice form this way!

iceformayins

So what do you think happened there? Did the water suddenly freeze? Or ice suddenly thaw? It's weird, like reptile scales. Never seen anything like it. If you guys have a clue, let us know!

And now.... my break is over. Back to work...

3 remarks
vanilla said...

Now that's enought snow to play in!

3:17 PM  
Clint said...

Wow---I don't know, but it is fascinating. Now, get back to work!!! Ha.

9:40 AM  
Mike said...

Funny pictures! And no I've never seen anything like that. The only thing close was a leaf imprint under a piece of ice with so much detail and you could see it straight through the piece of ice. It was amazing to see! Glad you're enjoying the cold part of the year! :)
Mike

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.