Strange http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif Code in Blogger Posts

Monday, June 20, 2011

You folks who have Blogger blogs-- have you come across a very strange url code in your posts after your post autosaves or you publish it?



Isn't that the weirdest thing??

I noticed it a few weeks ago. Whenever I posted to Blogger, the code snippets inserted themselves throughout my post, even breaking up words. I would have to manually hash through the entire post, looking for the code and removing them, otherwise they'd show up in the post. And even then, if Blogger auto-saved my post before I closed it, another code would sneak in!

I did a little digging. Apparently, it's a bug with Firefox 4. *rolls eyes* No one seems to know why it's happening, and there is no fix yet (that I know of). All he geeks are simply saying "Use Chrome for now." Oh, sheesh.

Oh well, it's a relatively small problem, but it's a pain to go back and delete all the code! I hope Firefox fixes this pronto, so I can go back to garmin zumo 220 motorcycle gps shopping. ;)

3 remarks
Mike Golch said...

I have not noticed that show up,yet.

2:43 PM  
Clint said...

Don'cha' just love bugs 'n viruses?

4:39 PM  
PCM said...

This isn't a fix, but it does explain it better and also provides a useful workaround: when inserting links, don't click OK; use the enter key.

http://syconet.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-solve-bloggercomimgblankgif.html

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.