My Literal "StayCation"

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I see these billboards all around town that promote a "StayCation." Do you know what that is? That's a new marketing technique by tourism departments to get people to spend their vacation money at home instead of out of state or out of country.

Sheesh, it's what I've been doing for DECADES now!

Because we are not renovating the old homestead this summer, I figured we'd have a whirlwind of travel activities....

but it hasn't happened.

So far, the summer has been filled with myriads of small projects, here and there, that have kept us very preoccupied. I'm so glad we got to see Virginia in the spring, because if we'd waited until now, it never would have happened.

So anyway, this is as close to a vacation as I get these days:

mygazebo

My husband recently bought me some nice Adirondack furniture, too, which is missing from the photo.

Ya can't get any more "stay" in a "staycation" than this!

How's your summer turning out? Are you vacationing nearby? Is it because of the economy or because you're busy?

1 remarks
Clint said...

We are fortunate that we live so close to so many attractions. Within a few hours' drive are everything from mountains to beaches to national parks. We can take off for a day or longer on spur-of-the-moment trips. In Oct, we are going to Myrtle Beach.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.