Our Latest Trip: to the Catskill Region!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

We haven't explored much of the Capital and Catskill regions of New York State (even though I lived at the northern fringe of the Catskills as a kid), so it was with great delight that we made it to Hudson and Catskill, NY, yesterday. It was GREAT to be on the road again.

We wore our NewYorkTraveler.net t-shirts and I drove in my car with the NewYorkTraveler.net magnets... and we got a bit of attention. :)

newlogo

We visited Olana State Historic Site in Hudson, NY. It was once the amazing Persian "palace" of famed artist Frederic Church (he is known for his most famous work "Heart of the Andes"). The site is just amazing.

Olana_facing Hudson

I did a full review with loads of photos on my formal travel blog, NewYorkTraveler.net. Please go see my post and leave a comment! Would YOU ever build a house like Olana? I know I would!


2 remarks
Clint said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! And I love the NYT shirt and car magnet!

9:03 AM  

I just couldn’t leave your website before telling you that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new posts.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.