If You Like History...

Saturday, November 05, 2011

I know many of you dear readers appreciate history as much as I do. :) I don't know if you follow my other blog, but just in case you don't, I have written a smattering of history posts lately that you may like to read in your spare time.

Burr, Hamilton, Chase Bank and the Wooden Water Pipes


Federal Hall: John Peter Zenger and The Bill of Rights


The New England Hurricane of 1938

The Cardiff Giant: Great American Hoax

Seneca Lake, Home of the Lake Farts


The Boston Molasses Massacre of 1919


Oneida Indian Settlement, Nichols Pond, in Smithfield

I’ve Found the Oneida Stone!

The Old Main, or Utica Lunatic Asylum, NY with special attention to Gerrit Smith, the Asylum's most famous resident.

I hope you enjoy some of these. Besides writing about our travels, I do special features on various historical events or figures. You can see the listing on my Travels Archive Page. I try to make them interesting and accurate. Please visit them if you love history!

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.