HGTV House Hunters: Guest Post

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

HGTV House Hunters

This guest post from Mickey Garza

I have decided to dedicate an entire post to House Hunters. I like to watch this show because I am a complete house junkie and I love to look inside houses. House Hunters comes on HGTV on expertsatellite.com. If you haven’t seen it here is how it works. A person or more usually a couple is out searching for a home to buy. They are with a realtor who takes them to three houses and they always end up buying one of these houses. The couple will give the agent a list of things they want in a house. Usually this list is highly ridiculous for their budget but the agent being the good real estate sales person that they are never lets on that their list is laughable. The show follows the people walking through house number one and the couple will point out completely obvious things for the camera’s sake. Here is an example of the dialog that happens: Agent: here we have the living room which flows in to the open plan kitchen. House Buyer: I like the open plan kitchen. I don’t like color of the walls. Agent: Well the wall color can always be changed. Let’s look at the bones of the house. House Buyer: Yeah but painting is a lot of work! I’m not sure we have enough time to paint this room. Let’s take a time out here. This is why I think this show is so entertaining. First of all the House Buyer always makes a big deal about the wall color. As if it is a permanent choice that they will never be able to cover with a couple of cans of latex from the local home improvement store. If you are old enough to purchase a home then you should be old enough to know that paint color is not a house buying deal breaker.

1 remarks
blogger said...

I like to watch this show because I am a complete house junkie and I love to look inside houses.
___________
Kelvin

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.