The Pompey Orb

Saturday, June 30, 2012

That's what we call it-- the Pompey Orb.

We were driving on Route 20 just outside of Pompey, NY, and we saw this on the hill. What the heck is this?

Pompey Orb

In case you can't tell, it's a huge white orb. Like Epcot Center or something.

Anyone know what it is? I can't even begin to think how I might search for information online. I doubt the owners call it their "orb." hahah

2 remarks
vanilla said...

Thanks, Mrs. M. I spent nearly an hour searching the area on GoogleEarth trying to find the spot from which you shot this picture. You were going to be so impressed when I told you what "it" was. ;-)

4:41 PM  
foxfire949 said...

That's a radome. The site is used by a Lockers Martin ad a radar test facility.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.