Traffic Intolerance

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Perhaps it is because I stay so closely to home during the six months of winter we have up here. Perhaps I am getting impatient in my old age. I'm not sure. But I do know one thing: I am starting to hate driving.

It's a heck of a lot of work, dodging crazy drivers who yak on their phones, reckless weave between two lanes or tailgate me in my little car. We traveled to West Point, NY, recently and the drive was awful. Just awful! The traffic was thick, fast, rude and a tangled mess. It didn't help that my GPS seemed to have a vendetta against me, LOL!

I used to love driving. Ah, the open road! Now, I almost dread it. I love taking the train; I wish it wasn't so expensive to do so (and so slow). I also wouldn't mind the bus. When we visited New York City last, we rode the city bus for a time. It was a very peaceful experience. Older folks and mothers and nurses garbed in 3 4 sleeve dresses seemed to prefer the bus to the subway. I chatted with the friendly bus driver, and it was a terrific experience.

So even after a week, I'm still in shell shock from the traffic. It nearly drove me to the deep end! I can't wait until my kids start to drive-- then I can close my eyes in the back seat and wait until we reach our destination!

1 remarks
vanilla said...

Oh, my. If you think you are going to ride in the backseat with you eyes closed while the kids drive; well, somehow I doubt that. But good luck, anyway.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.