Civil War Weekend

Friday, June 01, 2012

I'll bet the Union and Confederate soldiers never dreamed that their battles would eventually be "celebrated," eh? Well, we aren't exactly celebrating.. more like remembering.

It's been only 150 years since the Civil War. Can you believe that? It seems like thousands of years ago. Truly, life has changed so much in the past 100 years.

Anyway, we are going to go to the Civil War Reenactment Festival next weekend! I can't wait! We have attempted to go to a number of reenactments but the show is either washed out from rain and canceled, or we don't make it in time. THIS time we are going to make it and no Golden Eagle silver panda is going to keep us away! LOL

I wrote about the event to come at my other travel blog: NewYorkTraveler.net Civil War Event.

I'll have lots of photos and stories (and maybe a few videos!). I also intend to blog "live" on my Facebook page. This looks to be a great day. I just hope it doesn't rain!

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.