Good Morning America Likes New York Traveler

Thursday, January 10, 2008

There's a price to pay for procrastination.

I was recently contacted by the office of Good Morning America. They had visited my blog and wanted to ask me about my blogging income for a certain women's blogging network, in preparation for a new show of theirs.

I just knew I should have submitted that advertising application last month! I am on the women's network blogroll, but I never got around to joining their advertising network. Nuts. It would have been fun to be interviewed, and more fun to promote New York Traveler.

Ya win some, ya lose some.

It's great to be contacted by people who enjoy reading about our travels. I've done newspaper and magazine interviews (via phone) and people from all over the world ask me about everything from New York weather to the condition of JFK airport. Some things I can answer, some I cannot.

But through it all, it is thrilling to see the media and travel industry open up to bloggers. Bloggers have a lot to offer. We are the ones doing the legwork, mingling with the masses, and we blog because we enjoy blogging and not necessarily because it's our "profession" (although I am not averse to that aspect).

It's also really neat to know that our silly stories and photos on this blog are enjoyable. It's too bad I missed out on the broader recognition, though.

5 remarks
Amanda said...

How cool is that?

I haven't joined any gal-blogger networks or anything, or any income source stuff. I just don't personally feel like it's worth it... am I really missing out here?

I mean, I don't really want to put a lot of *stuff* on the sides of the blog... I figure if God wants to bless me thru the blog He'll do it.

9:05 PM  

It is pretty cool!

I love colorful buttons and variety on my blog, although it does look a bit cluttered from time to time, and I have to do "housecleaning" once in a while.

I make money from my blog, and have enjoyed it immensely. But it is not for everyone, to be sure. God can bless anyone through their blog, and not necessarily with finances, right? :) I have been very blessed making new friends, like you!

Thanks for visiting! :D

9:11 PM  
Amanda said...

True, there are blessings in the people, that's for sure!

(I hope it didn't sound like I think your blog looks cluttered--I don't.)

9:20 PM  

Mrs. W, no no, you didn't make the slightest mention. But I notice it about my blog-- I'm fussy that way, lol. It's why I'm always changing templates!

:)

9:25 PM  
threecollie said...

Congratulations! That is quite a coup!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.