The Atlas of American Independence

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wanna see a great movie? This is --bar none-- one of the best movies I have ever seen. I got it from my local library and have watched it again. And again I am awed by the masterful production. It's John and Abigail Adams, a PBS special directed by Elizabeth Deane.

We've seen a hefty share of movies about the founding of America, and this is the best one on John Adams, ever. As I watched it again, I marvel about how many things in our own society that parallel what the colonists went through with Britain.

I've always loved John Adams-- we've read much of his writings and letters. He was blunt, truthful, passionate, and so very right. He at least deserves a face on our currency or something!

Watch this movie. Expect to be wowed. And then come back and leave a comment so we can talk about it together! (It's free at most local libraries).

Look for it as "John and Abigail Adams" a PBS American Experience DVD (released in 2006) Narrated by David Ogden Stiers.

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.