Right from the GeckoGo

Monday, August 04, 2008

It's not doing something "right from the get-go" anymore; it's doing it "right from the GeckoGo"! LOL! I just HAD to say that... ok ok. I found a great new travel search website. This looks very promising, mostly because there is a huge listing of places to see in New York State, hehe! It's GeckoGo. It's a newer website, but it's up and running with a bang. There's a lot to see here. I like it because there's a lot of room for reader participation here. It's self-described as "travel planning made easy." You can sign up to contribute your own information and reviews, and bookmark your favorite destinations and more. It has a very loyal community. And I also saw this park listed in their roster of great hiking trails in New York-- I SO want to go to Watkins Glen!!

There's a lot of stuff from other states, too-- and all around the world (including Iceland). I saw reviews on everything from the Louvre in Paris to the Blue Lagoon in Reykjavik. What's amazing is that GeckoGo organizes countries based on best times of the year to travel. A color-coded map gives you a visual idea of when it would be best to visit where and when. I like it!



I figure as more people join and contribute their own revies, the site will continue to grow. So I encourage you to join if you love social networking. And it seems that everybody always has an opinion about where they've traveled, right? Here's a great way to voice your opinion and help someone else at the same time. You can even add Flickr photos.

GeckoGo was started up by three young entrepreneurs-- travelers, of course-- who want to make world travel fun, easy, and friendly. I think they're on the right track, read more about them here. GeckoGo is a great site and I hope to see this become more and more successful. Check it out, and don't forget to join if you like, and add your own travel experiences. The more, the merrier! And be sure to keep this site handy when looking for travel attractions and other travel-related reviews. I know I will.

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.