Search Court Records

Friday, September 05, 2008

Only a few weeks ago, New York was abuzz with the news of an online database of New York State employees' salaries. Believe me, finding out state employees' salaries is like finding the Titanic at the bottom of the ocean. Not easy! My daughter had to write a report for Civil Government last year, and even though we did a ton of research and emailed and phoned state offices, finding out that information was impossible. I am so glad to finally see things like this come to light.

Such is the case with Criminal Court Records of the United States. This website has a searchable database for all 50 states, including New York.

With this site, here are some things you can search:

Public court records
Public criminal records
Public criminal history
Public police records
Public arrest records
Public arrests
Public police records
Public family court records
Public criminal background
Public background report

I did a few searches of my own and found excellent database results. You can register with the site for more detailed information, too. This is a great resource-- have it bookmarked!

2 remarks
Lidian said...

I wonder if this is for historic records too - if so i would really be interested as there are a couple of Victorian-era things I would like to check out!

Thanks for the link, you are amazing!

12:10 PM  

Lidian, it completely slipped my mind that these records could be excellent resources for genealogy research. You are brilliant! I'm going to check, now, too. :)

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.