Archival LIFE Magazine Photos Online

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Here's some incredible news! LIFE magazine has their archived photos online. The site is hosted by Google. The photos are organized by century, then by year. I spent several hours perusing the site. It's fascinating!

I love looking at vintage photos, any kind of vintage photos. I like the "people" and "buildings" kinds of photos best, but I'll find anything vintage interesting, even old auto accessories!

I love the "family" kinds of photos-- you know, people on the farm or monarchs in their palaces. Such photos give a wonderful glimpse into the lives of those people of "way back when." This photo of Queen Victoria is stunning, I think. Look at the style of dress!



I suspect this would be a great site for educational uses, too. Very nice!

1 remarks
kniga said...

great. i like you blog

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.