Good News for Travel

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I haven't been out AT ALL this year. Ugh. No travel, nothing. Well, I do run out to Home Depot every other day. :-p The kitchen renovation is all-consuming, it is. Whew. I cannot WAIT UNTIL THIS IS OVER!!! Have I blogged about that enough, lol?

Well, I'm going to take a brief break and take a quick trip to New York City soon. Praise the Lord, I managed to get the attention of a major corporation, who is sponsoring my trip to promote their product. I wish I could take the family with me. The kids feel left out, as they are my constant travel companions. But this is a business trip. Don't sorry, I'm still small fry-- no big tv deals or anything, haha! But it is great to be able to get away from it all for a day or two. I'll have more details on the trip, to come.

But egads, I haven't been to Manhattan in... OMG... 22 years!!! I feel so old! I'm sure much has changed. I won't have much time for leisure while I'm there, but I do hope to get out and about briefly to snap some photos. I was very apprehensive about the trip for a few days. but I'm starting to look forward to it. It's been a long time, though. More to come! :D

1 remarks
Janiss said...

When are you going? I'll be there the second week in August for the BlogHer conference.

I've been a couple of times in the past year, used to go there a lot in the late 1980s/ early 1990s. Yes, it has changed a lot. They cleaned up Times Square and Alphabet City is now inhabited by regular folks instead of drug addicts. Kind of weird, really.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.