Phew, Insurance Can Be Expensive...

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

If you live in New York State, you KNOW what I mean when I say that insurance can be expensive. We are renovating our home (the wiring, the plumbing, the kitchen and dining room, and heating system) partially because it desperately needs the updating, but also partly so that we can get better insurance (our mortgage lender requires we be insured). Yeehaw... it's pricey! But it's getting better-- did you know that homes with knob and tube wiring are more expensive to insure than those with copper wiring? I know I know, no-brainer, huh? Well, I didn't know about that before I submitted an online quote for insurance.

I went to a website called Local Insurance to get a quote. They say that the average homeowner's policy in New York costs $70.17 per month. That sounds about right. It sure helps to shop around. The nice thing about the Internet is that you can go online and get quotes-- I remember the "good old" days when I had to call every insurance company, one by one, to get quotes. It took several days!

If you're looking for a comprehensive quote for business insurance, you can check out the website, too. They provide quotes from all the major (and local) insurance companies in your area: LocalInsurance California business insurance, Illinois insurance, New York State insurance, etc etc. They offer quotes on everything, too: auto, life, health, home, and business insurance. You won't get the results online-- when I submitted my information, it told me that I would be contacted by various agencies in my area. The form is very quick and easy. Here's hoping I save money! Insurance in expensive enough in New York State-- save a few bucks and shop around.

This post was brought to you by the friends at LocalInsurance.com.

1 remarks
deepa gupta said...

good work keep it up

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.