Brave, Brave Tulips

Saturday, May 07, 2011

My daughter took this photo, isn't it lovely? :)

Pink Tulips

You'd never think that such delicate things would brave the frost and the mud and the inclement weather. Me, I'm just want to crawl in bed to escape the overcast, gloomy days, and read books all day. But tulips, as tender and vulnerable as they appear, stand up straight and tall and bloom like there's no tomorrow. I think this is one of the reasons I love tulips so. Their colors are so vivid, too-- no half-hearted blooming here! It's time to produce extravagant colors, and by golly- flooding or no flooding, they're gonna do it!Tulips are so tenacious! Like a scattering of mens diamond watches, they glitter in the sunshine, as rare as it has been, or raise uplifted faces to the clouds, no matter to them.

*sigh* So far, they are the only thing blooming in my garden, except for a few straggling daffodils. Tulips are my comfort-- they greet me early in the season and burst out every bit of pigment they've got. Then, when the other flowers finally start to show a little backbone, tulips quietly fade in the background, with a classy, confident gesture of humility.

I love tulips.

2 remarks
Clint said...

Truly Beautiful.

9:43 AM  
Karen said...

Tulips are my favorite flower!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.