It's Spring! It's Really and Truly Spring!

Friday, May 06, 2011

What momentous event marks this special occasion???

LAWN MOWING!



The past two days, we have had NO RAIN and sunshine! It hasn't stopped raining here for, what, three weeks. Now that things are drying out after the floods, everyone is racing to their lawn mowers to chop the grass. It's a nice sound, but oddly strange to me. It just doesn't seem like spring yet. We're even still getting frosts at night, on occasion. Our planting times is typically right after Mother's Day, but I think we may have to wait this year. Last year, we had frosts in June.

The tulips don't mind the cool temperatures.



Personally, summers in Upstate NY have been getting cooler and cooler. I don't mind it (I dislike hot weather) but it's a change. When I was a kid, summers were cool, but things turned warm in the 80s and 90s. Now, it's a cooling trend again. I don't mind the coolness, but I do mind the rain. We've had too much rain for a long time now.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. I gave my cool key man insurance dude a call and looks like most of our flood losses are covered. Whew.

1 remarks
Clint said...

The mornings have been cooler than usual here in east Tennessee, also. I am enjoying it very much. Yes, I think that this year planting would have best been done after Mother's Day instead of the traditional April 2.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.