Diet Slip

Monday, September 05, 2011

Note: From time to time, I feature a guest post that may contain information or just plain silliness. Here's an all-too common malady, thus says the dieter...

Diet Slip

This guest post from Hong Alexander

Last night I was watching Directv and my stomach was growling! I have been trying to diet for the last three weeks. I took some of Oprah’s advice that she gave when she was in one of her diet kicks. The “tip” is not eating anything after eight in the evening. The idea behind the tip is that the evenings are when we do our worst grazing. We are more likely to eat sugary snacks. Going to bed with sugar that is not going to be burned, puts on weight. For the last three weeks, I stuck to it and actually think that I have lost some weight because of it. Last night was an exception. I broke down and couldn’t stay away from the kitchen. Once I popped, I could not stop. I had two ice cream bars, a glass of wine, Wheat Thins, and half a container of hummus. All day I have kicked myself for my diet fail. My husband thinks the situation is funny. He told me to relax and realize that I just slipped, and not relapsed into my bad habits! I guess there is always tomorrow…

0 remarks

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Design by Carl.